Engineer – Site Services
Wickham Laboratories is a GMP/GLP compliant laboratory with over 50 years of global experience in specialised pharmaceutical and medical device testing in the fields of microbiology and toxicology.
Engineer – Site Services
We currently have a permanent, full-time vacancy for an Engineer. Following an initial period of training within the Site Services department the intention is to develop the position so that equipment & system qualification work will become the primary role. Responsibilities listed will develop with competency & experience on site. Working hours would be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.00am – 4.00pm. On completion of training the successful candidate should be prepared to form part of the call out rota (currently 1 week in 4 for 24/7), this might change according to the number of staff available on rota.
- Electrical Engineer
- IT skills including excel & ability to learn new IT systems
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate good organisational & problem solving skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Repair & maintenance of equipment and systems throughout the site
- Routine maintenance checks of water systems, boilers, fire alarm systems
- May be required to carry out some equipment qualification work
- Writing up maintenance records or reports
- General housekeeping duties
- Any other reasonable tasks for which you are able & competent to carry out
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), two of which should be in Maths and English and HNC in Engineering (or equivalent).
- A good knowledge of GxP Systems and other appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Candidates should have good knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Previous experience in validation work including temperature mapping, sensor calibration, TQ Soft, IceSpy & Notion Pro Systems would be an advantage.
Salary and reward package:
- Salary £20 400 – £22 440 depending on qualifications and experience
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension, life cover, employee assistance program and medical cash back scheme
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Free car park, tea and coffee
If you wish to apply, please send a covering letter and CV (clearly stating which vacancy you are applying for), to email@example.com.
We often receive a high volume of applications for our vacancies, as such, we are not always able to respond to every application. If you have not received a response from us within 14 days of the closing date above, unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Wickham Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employ